The Basque Institute of Vocational Qualifications and Training (BIVQT) is a public institute created in 1998 as the result of the implantation of the First Basque Vocational Training Plan.
The Institute is a work area of the Department of Education: It reports to the Vocational Training and Continuous Learning Directorate or Management. Its main aim is to set up the integrated system of qualifications and vocational training.
The BIVQT is composed of three areas: Qualifications, Training, Assessment. In order to reach this objective the BIVQT undertakes the following tasks:
- To develop the vocational training curricula: The basic curricula is designed by the Central Administration (55%). (Ministry of Education). The Basque Government has the power to develop the remaining contents.
- To collaborate with other public administrations (industry, healthcare department) in topics related to the vocational training ("Regulated professions”).
- To collaborate with the Labour Department for the integration of the different vocational training offers.
- To spread the system of Qualifications and Vocational Training.
- To elaborate guidelines and curricula materials to help the teachers.
Eight people work at the Institute. They have a network of collaborators (26). Each collaborator is responsible for a specialty: Mechanical, Health, Restoration and tourism, Automotive, Graphic Arts,…
Mr. Asier Garitaonandia
Fax: 0034 944473862